Vegan Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread
Our favorite recipe to come out of quarantine — vegan chocolate swirl banana bread. OMG. The perfect way to use up bananas you may have laying around + SO easy. Let us know what you think with #CHAARGeats!
- 3 Large (or 4 Medium) bananas — about 1 1/3 cups, mashed
- 1 Cup apple sauce (can sub 1 large egg or 1 flax egg)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil (or unsalted butter)
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Optional: chocolate chips ; )
#1] Grease a standard 9×5″ loaf pan.
#2] Mash bananas in a mixing bowl. Combine all ingredients.
#3] Separate batter into two bowls. Mix cocoa powder into one of the bowls. Gently stir in olive oil or melted butter.
#4] Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.