Trend To Try: Sweet Potato Toast
Would you ever think to use a sweet potato instead of bread for your different toast cravings? I most certainly did not… until I finally tried! Sweet potato toasts are my new obsession! This super simple meal can be so versatile, and can satisfy your sweet or savory cravings.
So, what exactly are sweet potato toasts? Picture this: Peel + slice a sweet potato into a few horizontal slices, to the thickness of your liking. Then, place your slices in the oven, toaster oven, or airfryer. Choose wisely! The oven will make your sweet potato more soft at its core, while the toaster or airfryer will create more of a crunch [or just try them all, they are all SO good]. To finish, apply the toppings of your choice. It really is that simple!
Ready to try? To get you started, here are a few of my favorite combinations of sweet potato toasts to try out!
AVOCADO SWEET POTATO TOAST
- Avocado + lemon juice + lime juice + garlic powder crushed red pepper + diced onion
- Mash to create guacamole-type spread + apply atop sliced sweet potato
- Sprinkle Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel Seasoning on top
CAPRESE SWEET POTATO TOAST
- Tomatoes, sliced + placed on top of sweet potato
- Mozzarella, either pearls or sliced from a ball, place on top of tomatoes
- Garnish with balsamic glaze as a drizzle
- Add sprinkle of basil for an extra spice
YOGURT + BLUEBERRIES SWEET POTATO TOAST
- ½ cup yogurt of your choice [I prefer vanilla flavored!], spread atop toast
- Place blueberries atop yogurt
- Sprinkle granola on top
- Add chia seeds, I love them!
- Add drizzle of honey for extra sweetness
MAPLE ALMOND BUTTER + MINI MARSHMALLOWS SWEET POTATO TOAST
- 2 tbsp Justin’s Maple Almond Butter, spread
- Sprinkle mini marshmallows to garnish
- This one is super fun to get some of your fall flavors!
. . .
Have a favorite sweet potato toast creation of your own? Tag @CHAARG + #CHAARGeats + let us know! : )