Pumpkin Chai Oatmeal Muffins
We are so into pumpkin everything… add in chai + these muffins might become your new favorite breakfast staple. The best part is that you can batch cook these muffins + they stay good for at least a week! Keep them in the fridge, + whenever you are ready to eat them — put them in a microwave or toaster oven!
* makes 12 muffins
- 3 cups steel cut Oats
- 1 cup Milk [I used almond, but any will do]
- ¾ cup Chai Latte Mix [I use this mainly as a sweetener, but you can sub or add extra honey if you want sweeter oatmeal]
- 15 oz canned Pumpkin puree
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie spice
- *vanilla Greek Yogurt [optional]
- *sliced Almonds [optional]
#1] Preheat the oven to 350 degrees + line a muffin tin with liners. In a mixing bowl combine the oats, milk, + chai mix.
#2] Add the can of pumpkin puree + two eggs ++ mix until fully combined.
#3] Mix in pumpkin pie seasoning + additional honey [if desired].
#4] Scoop the oat mix into the cupcake liners. These won’t rise much, so don’t be afraid to fill them up ; )
#5] Bake for 25-35 minutes or until muffins are firm + a toothpick is dry when poked through a muffin. Top with vanilla greek yogurt + sliced almonds ++ ENJOY : )
BROWN SUGAR ICING
+ Ali, Post Grad CHAARG