We are so excited to be implementing our 3rd DEI Council for the 2023-2024 school year! Last year, our DEI Council was fundamental in supporting both National CHAARG + our Chapters through DEI efforts ++ helping shape how CHAARG incorporates DEI into our everyday actions. We also implemented DEI Subcommittees to accomplish more specific tasks, which we’ll be implementing again for the 2023-2024 school year — we’ll have a Social Media, Recruitment + Membership, ++ Education + Leadership Development Subcommittee.
If you’re passionate about DEI, want to help CHAARG continue to grow in our DEI efforts, + want to support our CHAARG Chapters in DEI within their Chapter, you should apply for the DEI Council! Apps are due June 4.
COMMITMENT TO BE ON THE DEI COUNCIL
- Attend DEI meetings + webinars throughout term
- Participate in council initiatives [see below!]
- Participate in a council subcommittee
- Serve as a resource for Chapters + helping support them in their DEI efforts
- Estimated time commitment: 15 hours/quarter
DEI Meetings + Webinars To Attend
- Wednesday 6/28 at 730PM CT
- Wednesday 7/19 at 730PM CT
- Wednesday 8/9 at 8PM CT (Chapter-wide DEI Webinar)
- Wednesday 10/18 at 730PM CT
- Wednesday 1/10 at 730PM CT
- Wednesday 1/17 at 8PM CT (Chapter-wide DEI Webinar)
- Wednesday 3/20 at 730PM CT
**Please note: you will have 1 excused absence – if you cannot commit to Wednesday night meetings, please do not apply! If you have a CHAARG event [such as a Weekly Workout], you can be excused from your CHAARG event to be at the DEI Council meetings.