Recipes for cauliflower pizza crust have changed the game for homemade pizza, but cauliflower is about to be replacing a lot more than just crust! There are many benefits to incorporating//substituting for cauliflower in your diet, ++ even more ways to cook this awesome underrated veggie. Several brands are boosting their cauliflower game, including big-time grocery mainstays like Green Giant + startups like Caulipower, ++ stocking the freezer aisles full of cauliflower everythang.
- SO many nutrients — Cauliflower is very low in calories yet high in nutrients, containing almost every vitamin//mineral you need. It’s full of Fiber, Vitamins C//K//B6, Folate, Pantothenic acid, Potassium, Manganese, Magnesium, Omega-3, Phosphorus, ++ Phytonutrients!
- Good source for antioxidants — These are good for protecting your cells from harmful free radicals, inflammation, + several different types of cancer//chronic illnesses. Vitamin C is one of the antioxidants in cauliflower with anti-inflammatory//immune-boosting effects, ++ Sulforaphane helps protect against cancers.
- It’s a *brain food* — Cauliflower is the best source [along with Broccoli] of Choline, an essential nutrient that aids in several important bodily functions, including supporting brain development, metabolism + a healthy nervous system.
- Low-carb alternative to grains//legumes — Cauliflower is super versatile ++ is especially useful to people who follow low-carb diets or celiac disease as it can replace grains//legumes in any recipe. Even if you don’t follow any specific diet, sneaking cauliflower into your recipes is a great way to boost your veggie intake!
Big-name grocery mainstays are really upping their game on veggie options, specifically of the cauliflower kind, making the frozen sections a cauli-mania. Green Giant [one of the most accessible frozen food brands in the country] has a whole bunch of cauliflower products, including pizza crust, cauliflower rice, ++ cauliflower mashed potatoes. Trader Joe’s carries cauliflower gnocchi, + even Kraft blessed us all with a cauliflower mac + cheese.
There are several cauliflower-specific start-up foods brands that have popped up recently. Caulipower has pretty much eliminated the need for flour with their cauli-fied pizza crusts, tortillas, ++ baking mixes. From the Ground Up sports an award-winning line of cauliflower snacks including chips, crackers, + pretzels. Cauli’flour Foods recently released cauli-chips ++ Vegan-Rob’s has included Cauliflower Puffs to their probiotic puffs snack line!
The options of incorporating//substituting cauliflower in your diet are endless. There are so many different recipes out there, including on the CHAARG blog. If you fall into the cauli-mania + need MORE recipes than what’s on the blog, Cauli’flour has announced their recipe book Cauli’flour Kitchen including 125 Cauliflower-Based Recipes! Here are a few on the blog you can try —
- Margherita Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- Cauliflower, Coconut, + Greens Smoothie
- Parmesan Cauliflower Mash
The benefits of this veggie alone are reason enough to eat more cauliflower! Riced veggies are super versatile + an easy way to begin incorporating cauliflower into your diet. I sometimes use riced cauliflower instead of hash browns for breakfast with eggs, or I’ll use riced cauliflower instead of actual rice in homemade fried rice. Let us know what creative ways you use cauliflower in your kitchen!