What’s the Deal on CBD?
With the 2018 Farm Bill officially legalizing full agricultural cultivation of *hemp-based CBD* in all 50 States, we can expect CBD to blow up in 2019, especially in the natural medicine + beauty fields. With its ability to relieve inflammation, pain + anxiety [among many other things!], CBD is a natural health alternative everyone should get the low-down on + can incorporate into their everyday life. So here’s the scoop!
WHAT IS CBD?
Cannabidiol, more commonly known as CBD, is derived from the Hemp plant + is used for everyday items like concrete, material, + rope. The stalk + leaves are extracted to provide naturally occurring phytocannabinoids [which are also found in black pepper, broccoli + basil].
Our bodies are naturally receptive to CBD through our ECD [Endocannabinoid System], an advanced physiological//neurological system in all mammals that makes cannabinoid-like structures to create balance in nearly every biological system in the body. Research shows that CBD reacts well with the cannabinoid receptors in the body, helping our ECD run more efficiently + helping navigate sleep//appetite//pain//anxiety.
Hemp Extract [CBD] is legal, non-psychoactive, non-toxic, + non-addicting [+ contains ZERO THC aka it can’t get you high]. CBD is one of the most therapeutic compounds in the Hemp plant, When consumed, these compounds work together to relax//calm your nerves, support your entire metabolic system, reduce inflammation, open up airwaves, promote deeper rest, + provide antioxidant vitamins A, C, + E.
BENEFITS OF CBD
- More energy
- Better focus + concentration
- More efficient learning
- Alert calm + relaxation
- Muscle + joint pain relief
- More restorative sleep
- Resilience + more balanced body + mind
- CBD can even help pets with stomach issues + travel anxiety!
HOW TO USE
CBD can be extracted + used in many different products like topicals, tinctures, ++ capsules!
- Topicals // can be used as a pain reliever in the form of a thick paste to be massaged into the skin [CBD serves as a healthier alternative to addictive opioids for post-recovery to injuries//surgeries//etc.]
- Tinctures // can be used in pure Hemp Oil form, similar to essential oils, where all you have to do is drop it in your food//drink. You may also see it available as a spray to be administered under the tongue.
- Capsules // some CBD-based products come in the form of a capsule, like a vitamin, or *edibles* to make it easier to eat.
*NOTE: When buying CBD-products, it’s important to make sure that the CBD formula is from organically grown, full-spectrum, THC-free Hemp extract.
CBD-products can be found online or in-store at health foods stores, apothecaries, alternative medicine stores, vitamins + supplements stores, dispensaries ++ smoke shops. Here are a few examples of CBD-based products that can be used in our everyday lives!
- Hemp Oil Drops // Use it like you would essential oils, just drop it in your food//drink to receive all-natural benefits from CBD.
- HempSMART Pain Cream // A topical treatment to reduce discomfort, support joint mobility, + relax muscles. The formula includes Ayurvedic herbs with menthol, cayenne pepper extract, rosemary oil, aloe gel, white willow bark, arnica, wintergreen extract, + tea tree oil to provide immediate cooling//soothing, while the CBD helps to ease discomfort.
- GT’s Cannabliss Hemp CBD Kombucha // YEP, everyone’s favorite kombucha brand has a CBD kombucha, + they even have a new product Dream Catcher CBD-Infused Sparkling Water!
- Colorado Hemp Honey // Raw Honey infused with full spectrum Hemp extract ++ essential oils for added benefits. This brand is AWESOME ++ has different essential oil flavors that help promote deeper rest, soothe muscle//joint pain, + give you an alert calm throughout the day. They even have Hemp-infused coffee, on-the-go honey sticks, + pet tinctures! ; )
Although there are no claims of cures stemming from CBD, it does offer a healthy natural alternative to help with many things we may struggle with on a daily basis. Hopefully this was a helpful brief insight into the world of Hemp. Keep this post saved to your bookmarks as a reference because this will be a hot topic in 2019!